Rails for wheelchair accessible vehicles. Rail accessories.
The rails for wheelchair accessible vehicles are used as anchoring brackets for beating seats or armchairs in the passenger lifts transport. There are two types of rails:
Low Profile Rail: 3.68 m
Rails and accessories: The low profile rails has been tried and tested over many years as a seat anchor, wheelchair tie-down system and other body applications.
Characteristics of the low profile rail:
- Recessed in the floor of the vehicle for a neat finish
- Height above finished floor of only 3.5 mm
- Requires M8 fasteners, fixed in countersunk holes at 101.6 mm apart for a finish of the rail head
- 37 closures are required for 3.68 m rail length
- Can be cut to measure[
Surface Rail: 3.68 m
The surface rail has been tried and tested over many years as a seat anchorage, wheelchair stowage system as well as other body applications. The surface rail is available for ground mounting in vehicles where conversion with rail is feasible.
Characteristics of the surface rail:
- Surface mounted, it is quick and easy to mount for most vehicle floors
- The height above the finished floor is only 13.5 mm
- Can also be used as the third point for retaining passengers
- Can be used as the wall rail for storing unused material
- Requires M8 fasteners, fixed in countersunk holes at 101.6 mm of finish interval of the rail head
- 37 fasteners are required for 3.68 m rail length
- Can be cut to measure